Pukúu Cultural Community Services is pleased to offer The Caitlin Gulley Memorial Scholarship, sponsored by FivePoint. The scholarship was established to assist students with the expenses associated with participation in Cultural Resources preservation, including but not limited to, archaeological field schools or programs, language revitalization, anthropology, and American Indian Studies. Scholarships shall be granted to eligible applicants on a yearly basis (as long as there are funds available). Each award is for a 12-month period, renewable for a second year pending demonstration of exceptional progress. To read more about the scholarship, click here.
Total Award Amount: $1,000
- Must be an enrolled student at an accredited College or University in the State of California.
- Must be pursuing the following fields: Anthropology, Language Revitalization, (Tribal) Cultural Resources Management, Archaeology, and/or American Indian Studies.
- Must have engaged in community service within the previous 12 months as validated by their college nominator either on campus or in the community.
- Must have completed the Scholarship application and be in good standing with the Pukúu Scholarship Committee in accordance with the Pukúu Scholarship Rules and Regulations.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.5 for all graduate students.
Scholarship Application consists of the following:
- The Online Application. Please answer all questions, upload any supporting documents and submit application to Pukúu.
- Personal Statement & Essay Questions. All applicants must answer the essay question by either uploading a digital word file or completing the form.
- Transcripts – Official copies of student transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Letter of Recommendation: American Indian Community or Public Community Recommender.
Attach essay to this application on a separate sheet of paper. In two pages or less, please discuss your academic, career, and personal goals, as well as any extenuating circumstances or any other information that you would like the Administrator to be aware of when reviewing your application. Be sure to respond to the following questions:
- How you view Native American cultural resources and its importance to you?
- How do you plan to “give back” to Native Americans after graduation?
- Describe your on-going active involvement in the Native American community both on and off campus?
Online application form will be available from Thursday, April 26th, 2018 through Friday, October 12th, 2018.
All documents must be postmarked by the Due date or hand-delivered to the Administration office of Pukúu by 5:00 p.m. Late applications will not be accepted. No faxed applications will be accepted. The applicant is responsible for following up on their application status with the Administration office.
If you have any questions or need assistance in completing any portion of the Pukúu, Cultural Community Services’ Caitlin Gulley Memorial Scholarship Application, please feel free to contact Scholarship Committee at email@example.com or 818-336-6105. The Scholarship Committee will review all scholarship applications and select the two finalists for Board of Directors’ approval. Announcement of scholarship awards will be published on the Pukuu’s website (pukuu.org), in a media release, and presented at the annual scholarship gala, Night with the Stars.
Friday, October 12th, 2018 at 5:00 pm
All documents must be postmarked by the Due date date or hand-delivered to the office of Tribal Administrator. Late applications will not be accepted. No faxed applications will be accepted. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that their application is complete.
Winners of the Scholarship must agree to submit a final report on their use of the funds and what the experience meant to them no later than 60 days after completion of academic school year. Final reports will be posted on the Pukuu’s scholarship page.
Due date: Friday, October 12th, 2018 at 5:00 pm
All supporting documents must be submitted by either uploading, mail or hand-delivered by the Due date to the Pukuu’s Administration office. Late applications will not be accepted. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that their application is complete.