CASE MANAGER I
Job Title: Case Manager I
Reports to: Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Program Coordinator
Compensation: $16.85 to $21.63 Hourly
Job Type: Hourly Non-Exempt, in-person
Schedule: Full Time
Responsibilities and Duties:
Pukúu Cultural Community Services seeks a Case Manager I that desires growth working with
small and medium sized organization. The Case Manager I will handle multiple job tasks and
multiple programs; covering the full spectrum of program and case management, as well as
some administrative duties.
• Is trustworthy, organized, and punctual.
• Has exceptional work ethics.
• Detail oriented and comfortable with entering significant amounts of data without error.
• Maintains professional weekday schedule with time management / organizational skills.
• Strength with prioritizing multiple competing tasks to meet deadlines.
• Strong proficiency in SalesForce, Microsoft Teams, Word, and Excel.
• Experience with office administration: Microsoft Sharepoint, cloud files, contact lists, calendaring, managing existing clients and prospects.
• Proactive problem-solver that is assertive and recommends solutions.
• Exercises good judgment and maintains a high level of confidentiality with client data.
• Strong professional communication skills.
• Must have strength in achieving results via both email and phone professionally and tactfully (will interact with clients).
• Takes initiative, communicates with Program Coordinator and supervisor regularly regarding concerns.
• Other duties, as directed by the Executive Director, Operations Manager, and Program Coordinator.
• Participate in daily morning manager check-ins and attend all staff meetings.
• Organizes, manages, and maintains accurate online folder tree filing.
• Categorizes, organizes, and labels all incoming paperwork including client notes daily via SalesForce, and Sharepoint within 48 hours.
• Assists with new file clean-up, sets up and manages projects, as needed.
• Responds to calls/emails promptly, schedules appointments with current and prospective clients.
• Routine office tasks such as printing/copying/scanning/filing/mailing
• Provide individual case management referrals, and basic need linkages not limited to additional supportive services for youth/families.
• Create and provide group supportive services to youth and parenting support as needed.
• Process applications, screen referrals, provide intakes, and conduct ongoing assessments of clients and prospective clients.
• Provide crisis management services to support youth retention, mentoring, increase participation, and build youth engagement.
• Ongoing outreach, marketing, and client/community cultivation.
• Provide coverage for programs which are conducted during evening and weekend hours.
• Assist Program Coordinator with providing transportation for youth as needed.
• Responsible for reporting abuse, as a Mandated Reporter which includes immediately reporting any concerns with respect to violation of a person’s rights, actual and/or suspected abuse.
• Present client case reviews to the Operations Manager on a weekly basis.
• Ability to multi-task and have excellent management, planning, and organizational skills
• Must have intermediate skills in applications, specifically SalesForce, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams.
• Must be able to travel and participate in local, regional, and state training as recommended to meet the goals and objectives of the project.
• Proficient in general computer use (will be tested).
• Teams or Zoom Meeting Experience (or other online platforms).
• Complete a Background check (security and trust are of the upmost importance).
• Must provide 3 professional references.
• Required work authorization – United States and California resident.
• BA in Social Services Field
• Two (2) years case management/client advocacy services with youth, clients in crisis, youth offenders, and/or homeless populations.
• One (1) year experience utilizing a client tracking database system
• Six (6) months experience utilizing evidence-based practices in a social services field
• Valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
• Access to a personal vehicle to be used to conduct Pukúu business
• Ability to meet California minimum and Pukúu insurance requirements
• Speaking/writing ability in Spanish a must.
• One (1) year of progressive experience in administrative or program related work.
Benefits: Competitive benefits packages offered contingent upon exempt/non-exempt status.
Drug Testing Policy: The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug
test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: This position is classified as a sedentary
environment. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of
force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are
required only occasionally.
• Understanding of American Indian protocols and historical policies.
• Experience working with Native American organizations, processes, and policymaking.
This position develops, maintains, and is responsible for safeguarding electronic and hardcopy
files containing sensitive and proprietary information. The Case Manager must maintain
confidentiality of all work product or files pertaining to Pukúu Cultural Community Services, and
the Fernandeño Tataviam Band of Mission Indians, tribal departments, citizens, and all other
material that may identify individuals by name (either directly or by reference), as set forth by
the Tribe and Pukúu. Any violation in this matter may result in immediate termination of
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in
this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this
job at any time.
All Pukúu Cultural Community Services employees must submit to a background check and
abide by all Federal and applicable State laws. All employees must comply with Pukúu’s
Read more about Pukuu at www.pukuu.org
Please submit application and resume to email@example.com