Job Title: Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Compensation: $19.00 per hour, negotiable based on experience
Job Type: Hourly Non-Exempt, in-person
Schedule: 20-40 hours per week: 8:30am-5:00pm, somewhat flexible / negotiable based on business fit
Responsibilities and Duties:
Pukúu Cultural Community Services seeks a Bookkeeper that desires growth working with small
and medium sized organization. The Bookkeeper will handle multiple job tasks and
multiple programs; covering the full spectrum of bookkeeping and accounting, as well as some
• Is trustworthy, organized, and punctual.
• Has exceptional work ethics.
• Detail oriented and comfortable with entering significant amounts of data without error.
• Maintains professional weekday schedule with time management / organizational skills.
• Strength with prioritizing multiple competing tasks to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with Quickbooks, and ability to troubleshoot transactions.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (especially formulas and pivot tables)
• Experience with office administration: Sharepoint/Teams, cloud files, contact lists,
calendaring, managing existing clients and prospects.
• Proactive problem-solver that is assertive and recommends solutions.
• Analytical thinker with strong attention to detail.
• Exercises good judgment and maintains a high level of confidentiality with client data.
• Strong professional communication skills.
• Must have strength in achieving results via both email and phone professionally and tactfully (will interact with clients and customers).
• Takes initiative, communicates with supervisor regularly regarding concerns.
• Other duties, as directed by the Executive Director
• Daily morning manager check-ins.
• Daily posting of Bank Feed or transactions to QuickBooks Online, troubleshooting issues.
• Day-to-day accounting duties: A/R, A/P, payroll, journal entries.
• A/R: prepares accounts receivables transactions for large data: retrieves data and converts to Excel format, prepares invoices, monitors receivables for payments and resolves outstanding amounts.
• A/P: check preparation. Monitors vendor schedules and payments. Manages and reconciles credit card transactions.
• Ensures all previous week’s transactions post by End of Day Monday.
• Submits weekly completion reports for all posted transactions.
• Understands Chart of Accounts and does clean up.
• Prepares and processes Payroll with multi-level department. Manages personnel data.
• Organizes, manages, and maintains accurate online folder tree filing.
• Categorizes, organizes, and labels all incoming paperwork daily via Sharepoint/Teams.
• Monthly prepares and reviews Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Reports.
• Assists with new file clean up and sets up and manages projects, as needed.
• Responds to calls/emails promptly, schedules appointments with current and prospective clients and vendors.
• Routine office tasks such as printing/copying/scanning/filing/mailing
• Ability to multi-task and have excellent management, planning, and organizational skills
• Must have intermediate skills in applications, specifically Quickbooks, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams.
• Must be able to travel and participate in local, regional, and state training as
recommended to meet the goals and objectives of the project.
• Pass a criminal background check.
• Proficient in general computer use (will be tested).
• Teams or Zoom Meeting Experience (or other online meetings).
• Complete a Background check (security and trust are of the upmost importance).
• Must provide 3 professional references.
• Required work authorization – United States and California resident.
• Min 1 year of QuickBooks Experience (specifically QuickBooks Online) – (will be tested).
Benefits: Competitive benefits packages offered contingent upon exempt/non-exempt status.
Drug Testing Policy: The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: This position is classified as a sedentary environment. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only
• Understanding of American Indian protocols and historical policies.
• Experience working with Native American organizations, processes, and policymaking.
This position develops, maintains, and is responsible for safeguarding electronic and hardcopy
files containing sensitive and proprietary information about the Tribe, tribal department, and
tribal citizens. The Bookkeeper must maintain confidentiality of all work product
or files pertaining to Pukúu Cultural Community Services and the Fernandeño Tataviam Band of
Mission Indians, tribal departments, citizens, and all other material that may identify individuals
by name (either directly or by reference), as set forth by the Tribe and Pukúu. Any violation in
this matter may result in immediate termination of employment.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this
herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
All Pukúu Cultural Community Services employees must submit to a background check and
abide by all Federal and applicable State laws. All employees must comply with Pukúu’s
Read more about Pukuu at www.pukuu.org
Please submit application and resume to email@example.com